Avocado, Chocolate and Banana Loaf
A nourishing and filling, chocolatey treat.
- 1 large avocado - 200grams
- 1 medium banana - 90grams
- 4 Medijool dates
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon honey (or rice malt syrup, if vegan)
- 2 eggs (or flax-eggs if vegan)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup lupin flakes
- 1 cup almond flour (or 2 cups, if not using lupin flakes)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/3 cup of dairy free chocolate, cut, plus some to sprinkle on top!
- In a food processor combine avocado, banana and dates.
- Melt coconut oil and add vanilla bean paste, honey, coconut cream and eggs. Add to the avocado mixture and pulse until smooth and combined.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Mix together before adding the wet ingredients. Mix to combine but avoid over mixing.
- Put mixture into a prepared loaf tin (22cm x 12cm) and place into a preheated 160 degree C fan forced oven. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Loaf is cooked when an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave the loaf to cool before slicing. Serve with banana and cinnamon, or for a savoury option, avocado slices! Yum.