When Vegan Mumma, with a bit of a ‘snack tooth’, comes to stay I get in the kitchen and make her all sorts of delicious treats. Our favourite snack is my health-ified version of Rocky Road. With Mother’s Day around the corner, do yourself a favour and make a batch of this vegan, dairy free treat for all the family to enjoy!
A healthy version of everyone's favourite chocolate treat.
These treats require setting time and need to be eaten within 15 minutes of removing from the freezer.
This recipe is also very versatile! Add ingredients in and swap
any out as you like. Also, if you like your chocolate sweeter,
substitute 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for another tablespoon of the
rice malt syrup.
- 7 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of rice malt sugar
- 5 tablespoons of cocao (ethically sourced)
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries
- 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts (your choice - I used almonds and cashews)
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
- a small handful of flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt plus some for sprinkling on top
- In a medium bowl, mix oil and rice malt syrup together. If the coconut oil is hard you may need to melt it first. Add in the cocao and stir until smooth.
- Add the nuts, seeds, fruit, cinnamon and salt. Again, mix thoroughly until all ingredients are coated with chocolate.
- Use a tablespoon to place a spoonful of the mix into a silicone mini-cupcake tray. Portion out all of the mixture until there is none left. Sprinkle salt on top.
- Place the tray into the freezer and wait for the chocolate to set (about 20 mins). Eat as you please, as soon as possible after removing from the freezer. Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy!